Terms and Conditions:
A-Z Private Health reserves the right to decline treatment if it is considered inappropriate or unethical or we feel that it might cause a conflict of interest.
Violent or Abusive Patients:
- We aim to treat patients courteously at all times and expect patients to treat us in a similar, respectful way. If a patient is violent, aggressive, threatening or abusive in any way, be it physical or verbal, we will exercise our right to ask them to leave immediately and not be able to offer our services.
Requests for Sick Certificates:
- When issuing sick certificates, we will not write or sign documents which are false or misleading or omit relevant information.
- Sick notes will only be issued after a full medical consultation and based on the doctor's opinion of incapacity.
- Employees are expected to self-certificate for the first 7 days of any illness but once those 7 days have elapsed a medical statement is required from a doctor.
Sleeping Tablets and Benzodiazepines:
- Sleeping tablets are addictive. Even a few weeks may cause craving, dependence, a need for a higher dose to produce the same effect because of tolerance, and side effects on withdrawal such as sleeplessness, anxiety and cold sweats.
- For this reason prescriptions for sleeping tablets and medications such as Diazepam (Valium), Temazepam and Lorazepam will only be given for a maximum of 7 days and your GP will be informed that a prescription has been issued.
- A - Z Private Health is unfortunately unable to provide home visits.